Due to the recent protests against racial violence and police brutality in the United States, we (alongside other podcasts) will be participating in the Podcast Blackout and will not be releasing our regularly scheduled episode for today. We have chosen to use this platform to help spread awareness about the issues our country is facing, and encourage you to do the same! Whatever platform you have to make your voice heard, we ask that you take the time to speak out. Instead of listening to us ramble for the next 60-90 minutes, check out some of the podcasts and radio shows we've listed below to help educate yourself and others on race in America.
We encourage you to do what you can to fight against racial injustice. Support, protest, donate, and educate yourselves — we will be doing the same. To our black listeners, although we can never truly understand what you're going through (and have gone through in the past), we will stand with you and fight to end racism. Your lives matter....they always have and they always will.
Anti-Racist Podcasts & Radio Shows:
- Momentum: A Race Forward Podcast, features movement voices, stories, and strategies for racial justice.
- Seeing White Series from Scene On Radio, a 14-part documentary series exploring whiteness in America.
- Uncivil, a podcast from Gimlet Media that presents a history of the Civil War not often found in school textbooks.
- Code Switch, a podcast that presents contemporary news viewed through the lens of race and identity.
- 1619 (New York Times), audio series on how slavery has transformed America, connecting past and present through the oldest form of storytelling.
- About Race, National conversation about Race and politics
- Code Switch (NPR), a podcast that presents contemporary news viewed through the lens of race and identity.
- Intersectionality Matters!, a podcast hosted by Kimberlé Crenshaw, an American civil rights advocate and a leading scholar of critical race theory.
- Pod For The Cause (from The Leadership Conference on Civil & Human Rights), a podcast created for those of you wanting to effect change, who understand the importance of restoring our democracy.
- Identity Politics, a podcast on race, gender, and Muslims in America.
For a list of even more anti-racist resources, including books, movies, coursework, & social media accounts, check out this great article from Medium & the Female Founders Fund.
Looking for a 1-stop link for petitions, donations, and other resources? We gotchu! https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/